Monday 25 January 2016

30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS - # 26 - INDIGO ROSE ACEO


INDIGO ROSE ACEO

2.5" x 3.5" Pastel on Daler-Rowney Pre-cut ACEO Card
 



Continuing my pastel discovery week, I decided to try some of the coloured pastel card in the pack. This is painted on the black card. I've painted a blue rose ACEO in acrylics, but I found this much easier. The battle with the fast drying medium and darkening colours as it dries is a real challenge with acrylic and pastel has none of that. 

There are other challenges with pastel such as more pre-planning because pastel will only take so much layering. There is also only a limited possibility of mixing by layering the pastel, so you must have most colours you need available. That having been said, I think this is my most successful rose to date. They have always been my nemesis with acrylic, so in the future if I want to paint a rose I think I will choose pastels.

SHIPPING 16th MARCH 2016 OR LATER - SOME PAINTINGS AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE DISPATCH FROM MY OUTLETS AS NOTED IN DESCRIPTION ON DAILY PAINTWORKS

Stay tuned for more new paintings in the final week of the challenge.

If you are an artist and would like to join in, here is the link - 30 in 30
Posted as # 47 on 30 in 30 Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.