Thursday 17 March 2016

2016 LIBERATE YOUR ART (LYA 16)


The "Liberate your Art" postcard swap took place on Saturday in Corvalis, Oregon, USA. Artists from all over the world send 5 postcards of their work to the swap and eventually receive 6 back. They are collages, paintings, digital art, etc. and all quite different. This year I have arranged 10 side swaps and I've already seen some of the postcards I will receive, but most will be a lovely surprise.

The postcards are mailed from Oregon in six batches. As postcards start to arrive the artists will share images and destinations on their blogs and on the FB event page here. The organizer will also be producing a video of the postcards and there is a blog hop event starting soon to display some of the received cards.

The postcard I chose this year is my new pet portrait postcard that I'm going to be distributing at local vets and grooming parlors. It is a collage of completed commissions and one exhibition piece. Any pet can be commissioned, but I've never done a pet bird, hamster, or more exotic pet. There's always a first time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.