Saturday 2 April 2016

THE OLD APPLE ORCHARD


THE OLD APPLE ORCHARD
8" x 10" Cradle Board
Ready to Hang





"The Old Apple Orchard" shows very old trees that have been pruned to keep the branches low and easy to pick. These days fruit trees are mainly of the dwarf variety to cut down on the pruning work. I'm sad to see the lovely old orchards go, chopped down to make way for vineyards. I used to pick fruit for a living and I will never forget the glorious smell of ripening fruit and the dappled sunshine under the leaves.

Part of my Okanagan series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.