Sunday 1 May 2016

2016 LIBERATE YOUR ART ( LYA 16) - SIDE SWAPS PART III


I continue my love affair with my new art room. I discovered all my paint brushes, that were packed away during construction and here they are displayed with my three latest side swaps. I've never counted them, but it would make an interesting competition to make an educated guess how many are here - the closest would win a painting :). Perhaps for my next show.

The beauty of side swaps is that you sort of know what postcard is traveling towards your mail box because you've usually seen the artist's work and often know the postcard they are mailing out this year.

The paintbrush postcard on the left inspired this photograph. It is the work of Deanie Houghtaling all the way from Phoenix, Arizona, USA.

The sexy purple shoes are from Lora Lee. Now how did it get all the way from ??? wherever with only a bar code and without a franking mark? Love it anyway.

Last but not least MY DOG HAS FLEAS. I saw this postcard while blog hopping last month during the swap hop. I went back to look at it several times and then plucked up the courage to ask for a swap. My new friend Natasha obliged. Here is what she has written on the back....

"Hello Art Friend!

You may be wondering why my dog has fleas ... or why he is playing the ukulele ... actually, I am the one who plinks on the ukulele ... much to the cats' chagrin.

In Hawaii, the ukulele is affectionately known as the "jumping flea" and there is a little song-really more of a phrase - that is used to remember the tuning of the ukulele. No one seems to know the origin of the mneumonic phrase, but maybe it is related to the nickname. It's just been jumping around in my brain and I thought I'd share it with you!

Natasha Monahan Papousek - www.musingsofahennaphile.com

Blogger's note: Funnily enough, I had a short spell with the ukulele when I was in primary school. I never did get the hang of it, but I do seem to remember something about fleas. Neither did I enjoy guitar, but a few years later I discovered that I loved playing recorder and later, much, much later, I took up piano. I wonder what happened to that Ukelele that I saved so hard to buy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.