Wednesday 15 February 2017

AM I FINISHED? - Moonlight over Kalamalka

Final Version (I hope)
About version three
Version four
MOONLIGHT OVER KALAMALKA
8" x 10" Birch Cradle



One of the biggest problems beginner artists face is when to stop. In my experience some paintings flow easily and others hang around like the smell of burnt toast. The two versions of this painting above demonstrate my struggle. When I start to analyze the problem, I usually find that my issue is composition, contrast or both. Johnannes Vloothuis is a very good online art instructor who is about to start a new class and as part of his advertising he shared this useful link ...

How to tell if your painting is finished

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.