Thursday 2 March 2017

Crop and frame tweak - Cornucopia

CORNUCOPIA after cropping Framed
CORNUCOPIA after cropping (unframed)
This is a painting which I've always liked, but soon after I finished it the stretcher developed a nasty warp rendering it unsaleable. I removed the canvas from the stretcher intending to re-stretch, but I then discovered that the original stretchers were slightly smaller, metric and unobtainable at our local stores. For my SPLIT PERSONALITY solo show I decided to resolve the situation. I realized that cropping to 16" x 20" from the original 60 cm x 45 cm actually made a better composition. It also looked better in a dark frame rather than frameless. This is the before and after comparison. What do you think?

CORNUCOPIA before cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.