Friday 10 March 2017

Wild Weather


We've still been having wild weather with hiway warnings all around the mountain passes. I went down by the lake the other day and at 2:30 pm this is what I saw. The dark line on the horizon was a mystery, as I gazed down our usually quiet 80 mile lake, so I took several photos. There are usually high mountains in this view but they have disappeared into fog.

Whitecaps
Grey Skies
About 45 minutes later I returned to the park by the lake and the storm had arrived. Our normally calm blue lake was in turmoil, and there were whitecaps and waves almost like the ocean.

It's hard to believe that last week people were talking about removing their snow tires and planting annuals in their greenhouses to get ready for spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.