Tuesday 4 April 2017

Bird on a tree


BIRD ON A TREE
6" x 4" cold press watercolor paper
Mixed media



I'm on a bit of a walkabout, so out came my wonderful Koi watercolors and off I went. I need to restock a few of the brickets soon, so I searched our local art supply shop and came really close to buying a whole new Koi set. My set has 24 colors, but I discovered they now stock a slightly larger pocket field sketch box with a choice of 36 or 48 colors. The new sets aren't even twice the size, so easy to slip into a carry on and so much more choice.

So this is my first travel painting which is watercolor with a touch of graphite. I'm still debating whether to add a couple more birds flitting through the branches, but perhaps that is another in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.