Thursday 27 April 2017

Magnolia Tree


This beautiful tree is just a few steps from where I live. It blooms for a very short time and I've never managed to photograph it in all it's glory. If we get a cold snap or rain all those lovely blooms will be gone. 

This time I screeched to a halt in the middle of errands and knocked on the door to ask if the owner minded me taking a few shots. No answer! So given the short blooming season I made an executive decision to take a few snaps as I walked back to my car. I'm so glad I did.

I think it may be a pink star Magnolia, but that was another question I was going to ask if the owner answered the door. I remember my father trying to grow a white star, but a late frost got it before it grew hardy enough. It looks like this one is doing just fine.

I would love to paint this tree in bloom, but I think it would be pretty difficult.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.