Tuesday 23 May 2017

Orchard View


ORCHARD VIEW
8" x 8" Deep Wrap Canvas
$89

I've been a bit overwhelmed lately, but today I found a bit of time to practise for Art Battle which is being held on June 16th. I don't know if I will end up painting this view, but I wanted to practise working with paint of a similar consistency to that provided during the competition. I will have to pick up speed though because this took me a lot longer than the allowed 20 mins and it's a lot smaller.

Our skies have been quite cloudy and grey lately because the weather has been unusually wet. Luckily it's been a bumper season for cherry blossom and the apples are now in bloom. This painting was inspired by images I took on a quick Sunday drive up Black Knight mountain where many orchards have survived the trend of converting to vines.

The sky is neutral violet grey, the blossom titanium white, the grass lemon yellow and ivory black and the blue cobalt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.