Friday 7 July 2017

Everything Maple


True North
6" x 8"
Acrylic on Canvas Panel



If you're in Canada, you've heard nothing else for months (unless you've been off grid), for my other readers, on July 1st 2017 Canada celebrated it's 150th birthday. As a result, I'm currently working on a submission for "Proud to be Canadian", a Canada 150 exhibition. It starts August 1st, which seems a little late, but I'm running behind on most things lately, so this exhibition is in sync with my life.

The two completed paintings shown here are from my current catalogue and are available to purchase, but are sadly not the right size to submit to this exhibition. I've had many ideas, but none have gelled, so at this late date I find myself clutching at straws and researching all things Canadian. Here are some interesting things I've uncovered during my research. Happy reading/viewing/eating!

Morning Coffee Video - All you never wanted to know about Maple Syrup
Recipe - Yummy Faux Maple Syrup
Maple Trees - Some of these are quite surprising 13 Species of Maple Tree
Toronto Maple Leafs - Ice Hockey Team of course - International Baseball Team???
The Maple Leaf Forever - Canadian Flag


Maple Cascade
3.75" x 5.25"
Watercolour on Cold Pressed W/C paper



I will share the painting I'm submitting soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.