Wednesday 6 September 2017

Self Portrait at 24 iPad Drawing - 7/30


SELF PORTRAIT AT 24
iPad Drawing Print
Available in various sizes up to 8" x 10"
And various surfaces including canvas prints

e.g. A 3.5" x 5" photographic print
mounted on a 5" x 6.5" art card with envelope
$5 + shipping

Contact me for selection

A little off piste today with this self portrait. 

One of my favorite Gallery Managers gave me a heads up that there was a portrait exhibition on the horizon, so I thought I'd get some practise in.

This is a brave step for me, because I've wanted to start a series of self portraits every 5 years or so and I've always chickened out. Artist that have done this say its very revealing. I took this from a black and white image on government ID circa 1979.  Scary!

The joy of working with the simple draw app in Notes on my iPad is that I'm constantly learning how to expand the capabilities. This is the first drawing where I've started to use the colored pencil tool. I've always admired per portraits in colored pencil, so perhaps in time I will be able to create some myself within iPad Notes.

See work from all the Challenge artists here
Mine is #68

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.