Saturday 3 February 2018

Blue Moon - Bob Ross in Acrylic 3-2 - #30in30 - 4




I’m a bit rushed today after a series of events like leaving my charger somewhere so I couldn’t watch my Bob Ross episode till late tonight. Then my scanner wasn’t working. However, I squeaked in just in time to write my blog and post on the 30 in 30 blog. Phew!

As you see, I’ve very much added my own twists to this to bring it more in line with my local landscape, and I’ve added a little more color.

I attempted to follow Bobs oil prep by substituting slow drying acrylic medium for his liquid white base. I then added a touch of zinc white on top and lightly misted before launching into Bobs mainly blue scene. I found this wasn't the best plan, because it caused widespread fracturing under the paint layer as it dried. I quite like the effect, but traditional landscape lovers may find it a step too modern.

I apologise for the image but I’ll fix my scanner tomorrow (I hope).


The top image was photographed in halogen light and the image above in natural daylight. What a difference!

Bob Ross Series 3 Episode 2

Posted as #2 on the 30 in 30 blog
See all the paintings here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.