Friday 9 February 2018

Seascape - Bob Ross in Acrylic 1-9 - #30in30 - 10




I’m spending the month with Bob Ross and trying to get my head around converting his wet in wet oil techniques to acrylic. I’m doing this for the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge and this is day 9.

So far, in the first series, Bob had painted a lot of trees, mountains and rivers, but for this painting he said he was going to do something different. It sure was! After a few brush loads and color changes he said that people watching were starting to think he was crazy. It did seem that way, but being experienced with this kind of brilliant light and color from my impressionist work, I felt quite at home. Actually I was having so much fun that I got a little ahead of him in places.

It’s an unusual color scheme for me with a touch of 80’s, but the foreground really saves it. I’d even like to do some larger works along these lines. This painting is on auction over at my Daily Paintworks gallery for a ridiculously low start, so catch it before it’s gone.


Bob Ross Seascape Season 1 Episode 9

The 30 paintings in 30 days blog with hundreds of entries



My challenge painting for day 9 is posted at #8

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.