Monday 26 March 2018

Snow and Repurposing


Ok, so its been a while since I posted, but it’s not a lack of creativity, I’ve been busy decluttering/staging my condo and moving into my new home. I’ve often paused and thought I would love to keep my old home and I would if rentals were allowed. It was the perfect spot for transitioning back to city living and it will make a delightful residence for the purchasers or even a holiday home/digs for kids attending UBC.

I think all artists have a hoarding streak, especially those working in mixed media. However, I have a goal of keeping the new place clutter free and so far I’ve succeeded, much has been resold or dropped off to support various charities. I’m proud to say that even though I’ve changed out lights, counter tops, doors, sinks etc. very very little has gone into the landfill. Talking about recycling, look at this great idea for repurposing an old sink into a fun sandbox for the grandkids. With all the great ideas on the internet, there is really no excuse for dumping.


The other day I was spring cleaning the balcony and enjoying the sunshine, birdsong and warm air. Then it got darker and I looked up to see snow! Old man winter isn’t done with us yet. Yes this is the first week of SPRING and yes these are saucer sized snowflakes. At least the skiers are happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.