Friday 30 March 2018

Walking the New neighborhood


The car was in for service so I had no choice but to walk to do errands.

The new condo is in a quiet enclave with Dilwoth Mountain on one side and Mill Creek on the other. However, walk out under the arch and over the bridge and the world is at your doorstep. Every day I’m more impressed by the choice of shops, restaurants and services within a few short blocks. Today I discovered that my bank is less than 5 mins walk and the branch is much quieter than the long line ups I’ve moved from. My teller today was Charles, super patient and helpful as I went through my long list.


Tweaked
I also discovered that Save On Foods, which will now be my closest large food store, has more on offer than I knew. After dropping off the car I had half an hour to wander down the bright and tidy aisles, before the bank opened. Yummy fresh cream cakes, spring flowers, veggies and bulk food all beautifully displayed, almost up to Parisian standards.

Then I discovered Kelowna's best kept secret ... a huge aisle of international food, all categorised by region. Some amazing discoveries were real TESCO products from England, custard powder and piccallilli, what appears to be a good quality black tea from Ceylon? a German section with mild mustard and noodles, a poppy seed paste from eastern Europe, a huge inexpensive sack of cane sugar from India that would last me a year and an expanded line of Asian and Mexican sauces. I think I could do my whole packaged food shop in that aisle. The best thing is that it’s easy walking distance and I could do my shop wih a granny cart or backpack until I can afford a cool bike with baskets.

My continuing saga with Home Depot delivery system took up most of the afternoon, but thats another story.

Till next time.

Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.