Wednesday 22 August 2018

On Exhibition - Frida III

Frida III by Sea Dean $395
Frida III is another practise piece that I refined for this exhibition. I love the serenity of this piece. It is painted on raw canvas which beautifully balances the hard edged portrait. I recognise that there are subtle differences between the real Frida and this image, but I didn’t want to overwok it. In the exhibition she is a bright addition to a dark corner, next to some fairy lights that  I’m sure she would have loved.

For more on the amazing life of Frida Khalo/Rivera click here

The painting is currently only on sale at my solo art show, but you can reserve it for shipping after 15th September by contacting me. In case you’re wondering, FridaI and Frida II are iPad drawings which can be ordered in limited edition 6” x 8” prints.


Sea Dean Annual Solo
18 August - 15 September 2018

Lake Country Coffee House
10356 Bottom Wood Lake Road (Next to Lake Country Art Gallery)
Lake Country BC Canada

7am - 4pm Daily (8am Sundays)
Sea will be on site during Art Walk 8 and 9 September


I’ve ben going at break neck speed to get ready for this exhibition. Almost every piece is new, and this year I have many large works including Oil, Acrylic, Mixed Media, Digital and 3D pieces. I will be available all weekend during Art Walk, so that you can ask about the inspiration for your favorite pieces. And if the weather co-operates I may even be giving some demos. Drop in and meet the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.