Tuesday 25 September 2018

#30in30 - Day 25 - MINI TEX IX


This is MINI TEX IX which has a base of Amsterdam Light Naples, then modeling paste followed by several layers of acrylic in Titanium White, Light Blue Violet, Bindex Dyna, Light Portrait Pink and Cadmium Orange, none of which sang to me.

OK I thought, they say the crackle medium should be thick, let’s take that for a run! I glooped on some Kroma Crackle, that has a strong odour, so I don’t mind using it up. While wet I sprayed the whole thing with Rust-oleum “Chalked” in Country Grey (I couldn’t resist buying spray on chalk paint when I saw it). I dropped the whole wet gloopy thing in my waste bin and put it out on the balcony to dry. A few days later when I went looking for my waste bin, I discovered this. I like the effect, but I’m not convinced of saleability. So, it’s a painting-in-waiting while the crackle dries.

About 100 new paintings are posted on the blog each day. Some artists are painting daily and others have few spare hours so post when they can. There is a core group that manage to create a new piece each day and they should be applauded. Visit the challenge blog and see the amazing variety produced.

https://www.saetastudio.com/september-2018-30-in-30-paintings

TIP - Click on the images you like and it usually takes you to the artist’s own website so you can see more of their work, or for the more organized, to a page where you can buy them. I’m just happy o get it posted without missing a day:)

Check out what’s on sale at Artfinder this week, here. artfinder.com/sea-dean

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.