Thursday 18 October 2018

Lava Clouds


I was making a “Plein Air” sunset painting when I used too much heavily pigmented black in the clouds. I loved the way the ocean turned out, so rather than pulling out some color I decided to use some of the lava sand I was sitting on for texture. I wish I had some medium or gel here to set it, but I will take a bag of washed sand home to reconstruct the effect.

I tried various things my sister had on hand, hairspray that didn’t want to set and boot waterproofing spray, which didn’t adhere the sand to the paper. Luckily I used a test sheet, not the original. For now I will be content with some interesting black clouds and add the lava later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.