Friday 19 October 2018

My Sisters Garden - Bougainvillia



I originally wanted to make this a floral with a white background. I started with a very light pink, but quickly realised that some areas were quite dark. As I was painting this “Plein Air” on the patio with heavy rain falling, it was tough to imagine the sunshine.

I started to add some light washes to put the flowery branch into context, but as the paint dried it looked muddy, so I If Ted some and added more color so that it quickly became a whole impressionist garden.

I think I prefer this background to the busier one with the Heliconia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.