Tuesday 5 February 2019

Frida Khalo Progress Collage


I think I forgot to post the progress shots for Frida VI. I wanted to nderpaint in yellow to see if it gave a brighter look to the finished painting. Without comparing it to a painting of the same subject and same palette but with no yellow undetpainting, its not scientific, but I do think the complexion of the finished Frida is rather lovely.

I’m happy I’ve run out of vintage unbleached cotton canvas, because it was so difficult to keep the beauty of the rare canvas and still create a good painting. I was constantly battling edges. I also wanted to try a portrait on 16” x 20” rather than 18” x 24”, but I found it too cramped, so I will probably go back to the latter.

1 comment:

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.