Monday 15 April 2019

Silver Sunlight

SILVER SUNLIGHT 12” x 36” Deep Gallery Wrap Canvas, Ready to Hang

It seems to me that the simpler a painting is, the more difficult it is to complete. I love simplicity and totally admire artists that can pull it off. Composition becomes absolutely crucial: Each stroke of the brush or knife is everything. The most difficult part for me is to clean up any distracting lines or dots without over sterilizing.



SILVER SUNLIGHT started with gusto and then crawled towards the finish. The painting has one Molowtow Chrome line at the edge of the water and reflections of the sunlight in iridescent white which is a delicate silver shimmer which is only visible at some angles. It is also signed with the same silver shimmer.

Update
I usually hang my paintings on the wall for a while and make a few adjustments before they go on sale. In this case I have added some Molotow Chrome to the sun and the reflected glimmer in the water. I also whitened the yellow tone in the lower half of the painting.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Sea, I love it :) I bet that shimmer would be wonderful in candle light ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.