Friday 14 June 2019

2020 Future Trends

It’s hard to believe, we’re not even half way through the year and Sherwin Williams has already released their color predictions for 2020 HERE. Their intro is animated, eye-catching and fun.


My overall impression is back to muted tones. Soft hints of color, with only one collection of brights, called PLAYFUL. Dusty pink, pinky beige and gentle earth tones seem to dominate their collections. Dusty turquoise still makes a appearance in PLAYFUL and greys are still around. I collaged the less bold collections and quite enjoyed the mix, although none of them would be my choice. It may be interesting to experiment using each selection to create an abstract.

My summer is booking up as I now have two large commissions and some large personal works to finish by fall. I’m projecting that if you are thinking of a commission for Christmas it may be an idea to reserve a spot now.

1 comment:

  1. Of all those, I have to say Heart draws me in. Makes me laugh be. cause that is the pinks, and I am not a pink girl. I keep saying that, but my portfolio would prove me wrong. Ha ha ha! Muted but overall, very appealing :) Congrats on your busy schedule Sea :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.