Saturday 15 June 2019

Inspired By ...

Reclining Nude VII by Sea Dean - Limited Edition One Finger iPad Drawing

After my work was selected to be in an editorial collection on Artfinder, I did some exploring. They have a new curatorial team who are working like fiends to market their artists better; part of the team is building collections to make it easier for buyers. My painting THE SIMPLE LIFE was selected for INSPIRED BY THE GREATS - Rothko, so I was curious which other masters they considered ‘Great’. Here is a list of their current ‘Inspired By’ sections.

Hockney - Monet - Picasso - Turner - Degas - O’Keefe - Rothko - Warhol - Cezanne - Pollock - Van Gogh - Matisse - Gaugin - Lichtenstein - To the Point(illism) - Renaissance - Dali - Miro - Minimalism - Richter - Lucian Freud - Klimpt - Mondrian - Banksy - Basquiat - Francis Bacon - Hirst - Kusama - Folk Art

I’m sure this will change over time, but interesting to see who is foremost in the team psyche, or perhaps foremost in inspiration of the artists. When I look at the list 12 out of the 27 can conservatively be considered influences on my work, although I was inspired by David Hockney to explore iPad work, and I didnt count him.

Above is one of my Limited Edition one finger iPad drawings inspired by Picasso. Available in my Artfinder shop here.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, and terrific that they are helping more with marketing. Hope that works in our favor Sea :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.