Thursday 20 February 2020

DAY 21 of 30 - NESTING CIRCLE (final version)

NESTING CIRCLE (final) by Sea Dean 

WIP
As I thought yesterday, the slight triangulation of the nest lying on a fork in the tree really helped the composition. It gave the eye something to settle on and understand, taking it from absstract and fantasy to reality.

The particular green that I’ve added to the leaves, Grumbacher Thalo Yellow Green, also gives the painting more depth. It seems garish when you’re using it and you have to have the courage to let it dry and settle, but it was a great tip learned from an artist and friend I much admire, Daniel Dearborn.  I like the softer green in the first WIP, but the final version is much more me.

30DCG2020  and ODP

1 comment:

  1. Second one, yes. Beautiful work Sea :) I love your nests :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.