Wednesday 19 February 2020

DAY 20 of 30 - NESTING CIRCLE

NESTING CIRCLE by Sea Dean 12 inch diameter $125 (unmounted)
This was an experiment all the way. I had read somewhere that it was possible to mix acrylic paint with chalk paint, so I wanted to give it a go. I grabbed a round canvas board, just because it was easiest at hand. I added crackle and painted the edge so it could be hung without framing.

I will probably mount this on a hidden square birch cradle, but other options include gluing another identical canvas to the back, mounting in a needlework ring, ordering a 12” round frame, mounting onto a larger square birch cradle or mounting onto the same size round birch cradle.

Painting in the round isn’t easy; do you totally center the composition or off center it? If you off center, how do you balance the lopsidedness and how off center should you go. I remember when I first started painting on square canvas I had the same problem. I think the answer in this case is to triangulate.

30DCG2020  and ODP

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.