Tuesday 8 March 2022

30 Day Creative Gathering - Taster

Hi friends,

I’ve just completed a month of soul searching, self-portrait painting. Phew! What a task. Many of you are fellow artists, who also took the daily painting challenge and set personal achievement goals (you know who you are). This month I will be sharing some of the over 600 fabulous works that were created and also taking you through my journey.

Organizer extraordinaire, Sheila Delgado has asked me to post my three favourite self-portraits in this opener blog. That is almost more difficult than painting them. I love them all, they are my children and my family and the selection changes daily; however, I have to admit that some, like cream on non homogenized milk, have risen to the top.

As this was an experimental journey and I am so far, nit a portrait painter, I tried different styles and media. I tried to select one from each similar area. I will go into more detail on how they were created in a later blog.

My favourite realistic self portrait was day 14 and it also proved the #1 choice of participants in my poll. I titled her EXPECTATION. Funnily enough it is probably the one closest to how I see myself, a sort of improved portrait artist view of who I really am.

EXPECTATION artist Sea Dean 9” x 12”

My next favourite is a bold abstract. You only have to look at my house to see how much I love black and white. In painting I tend towards bold colour, but here I forced myself to stay pure and I love the result. 


BEING HUMAN artist Sea Dean 9” x 12”

And the third choice is one that only received two votes in my poll and one of them was mine. This is a digital work that evolved over many days. It has a great likeness and I love that it makes me into a multi faceted magical queen like figure, which is very much like I see myself (on a good day). The neck area still needs a bit of work and I will remove the light aura halo, but I find it very unique to me and inspiring.


CROWNING ACHIEVEMENT artist Sea Dean, multi size

Here is a collage of my 30 self-portraits in chronological order, so you can see how I developed over time and where we are heading this month. 

30 days of self-portraits by Sea Dean



1 comment:

  1. Amazing month Sea! Your digital drawings are incredible. And it is inspiring, what you were able to do with limited supplies. It's too difficult to choose favorites, so many of them made my jaw drop. I love the black and white. Perfect proportions.
    Congratulations Sea! Thank you for the extraordinary shout out. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.