Monday 7 March 2022

30 Day Self Portrait Challenge


I’m going to blog a little bit backwards this month. First I will show you a collage of all the work I’ve created in the last 30 days, and then over the next few weeks I will take each painting in chronological order and explain a little bit more about it. 

First an explanation. For the month of February I was part of the 30 day creative gathering on Facebook. This group has gathered for many years every six months to challenge each other to create art daily. We usually make it more interesting by setting goals and this time around I set the goal of creating a self-portrait each day for the entire 30 days.

At the end of each challenge each one of us creates a collage of the work that we have created during that time, so here is mine. I posted this collage in the group and on my newsfeed and asked for votes on which was the viewer’s favourite. I had already chosen my favourites, but was curious if I was on the right track. From the start there were several clear favourites, but what was most surprising is that 17 of them had 0 votes. Great feedback!


Here are the results numbering left to right, top to bottom
#4 - 7 votes, #14 - 7 votes, 
#15 - 5 votes, #24 - 5 votes,
#16 - 2 votes, #20 - 2 votes, #23 - 2 votes, #30 - 2 votes
#5 - 1 vote, #10 - 1 vote, #11 - 1 vote, #13 - 1 vote, #19 - 1 vote


Now I can reveal my favourite is #30 at the top of this post, with #14 a very close 2nd choice.

Which is your favourite? I would love to know.





1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your posts Sea. :) You had an amazing month. Honestly, about half of these are favorites. Which is the same amount I like from my work this month. It was such a treat to see all the different styles, you made my jaw drop repeatedly. :) Always so glad to see you in the gathering. I am pretty sure you are the one who got me started. I do you know you have been doing it longer than I have. Happy creating Sea! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.