Saturday 26 January 2013

LISTENING

Day 26 - 30 in 30

LISTENING
ORIGINAL ART ACEO 3.5" x 2.5"
Ask about larger Originals in the same series or Prints of this ACEO. To view my Gallery please visit Daily Paintworks.

This painting is SOLD but I'm happy to take a commission for a similar work. Contact me to inquire about prints and Art cards.

It's pretty challenging to get a part Abyssinian to sit still for a portrait. On first glance this is a quiet pose, but look at the ears and the slightly turned head which betray that this puss is alert and listening to every movement.

I wanted a loose style which is difficult to accomplish from a photograph, so I took a snap to use for touch ups and then painted from life. Here I was working on the beautiful colours in the fur and experimenting with an expressionist effect. I will do a few more poses before I attempt the larger painting. (The orange loop on the rug is much softer in real life. It was captured by the camera brighter).

Tip: Every colour has it's own character. Warm colours advance. Cool colours retreat. 

I welcome comments. Anonymous always works but if you use this please add your name.

LINKS TO BLOG ARCHIVE
How many paintings does it take to become a professional Artist?
The importance of Statistics
"Every Painting should have a hint of red"
Where will your painting find a home?
A fascination for Miniatures - ATC, ACEO, OOAK etc  
"I would rather die of passion than of boredom"
 
(Cat # 13025 - posted as # 36 on Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sea - very nice colors - they really dance. That kitty ear tweak - know of that one - they are so alert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Pattie. Mmmm she's a master of it and quick as lightening.

      Delete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.