Monday 8 July 2013

FOOTHILLS ACEO - NATIONAL PARKS SERIES


FOOTHILLS

ORIGINAL ACEO BY SEA DEAN
2.5" x 3.5"

On Auction

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me. You may also view ALL my available ACEO in my Facebook Gallery here.


Yellowstone National Park, 1872 is commonly regarded as the world's oldest national park, but you may be surprised to learn that Bogd Khan Uul in Mongolia dates back to 1783, when the government designated it as an area to be protected for its natural beauty and off limits to exploitation.

Prior to the foundation of Bogd Khan Uul some British Commonwealth Countries created "Crown" reserves such as the forest reserve on the island of Tobago in 1776, but land belonging to the Monarch and land belonging to the people are not the same thing.

This gives you an idea of the beauty of this remote region. Collectors of my work will have noticed that I love both mountains and sunshine, especially high mountain meadows. Bogd Khan Uul  is set in the high country of Mongolia and includes Bogd Khan Uul Mountain and surrounds. As I was trolling through Google I saw many beautiful things very similar to foothills in the USA and Canada, but far more remote. The region has miles and miles of grasslands where the famous Mongolian horsemen practice their art. There are fabulous mountain peaks and sheltered valleys. I saw dry rolling grasslands, waterfalls and coniferous trees. A beautiful place to add to your bucket list and these days fairly simple to visit with adventure tour companies.


Cat 13166 Foothills - First National Parks Series

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.