Sunday 28 July 2013

LUPIN LAKE ACEO and WANT TO TRY MDF?




LUPIN LAKE
ORIGINAL ACEO BY SEA DEAN
2.5" x 3.5"

On Auction


To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me. You may also view ALL my available ACEO in my Facebook Gallery here.

 
WANT TO TRY MDF?

I've followed Libby Fife blog for some time. She loves to experiment. She reads books and tests out theories on composition, values etc. and always gives you food for thought. Libby has recently done some research on substrate and MDF board. See it here.

Those who have been following my blog may have notices some change in my painting in the last few months and I partly attribute that to a change in preparation of my substrate. I have also changed the type of substrate I use. I've always disliked canvas panels because of their tendency to absorb moisture and flatten acrylic paints as they dry, which is the opposite to what I strive for. I come from a 3D art background and I constantly strive to find ways to lift my paint off the canvas, not lay it flat so I have been following Libby's experimentation with much interest.

Cat # 13184 - Lupine Lake ACEO

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.