Wednesday 24 July 2013

PASTEL SKY on Windpower and LINDA K NICKLES



PASTEL SKY
ORIGINAL BY SEA DEAN
6" x 8" on Windpower
On Auction at Daily Paintworks

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals in the same series or prints may be available by contacting me.


For many months I've been admiring the work of Linda K Nickles via her blog. Yesterday she did the most amazing study of clouds and luckily it was sold or I would have been very tempted. Linda lives overlooking a marsh and the colours in her paintings are stupendous. 

Each night I take a second look at the emails that I didn't have time to give the attention they deserved and I came across her REACHING FOR PARADISE painting. I was so inspired that in spite of it being 2am I went into the studio and created this work. Although this is nothing like Linda's lovely work, I wanted to be spontaneous and light like her, so I chose a pastel-like selection of fcolours and just went for it. This was painted without a reference photo of any kind to keep it fresh.

I have observed that landscape views very rarely perfectly line up with foreground, mid-ground and distance reflecting the horizon line. Clouds tend to point to a vanishing point of their own making, as is the case here. I enjoyed placing the patches of sunlight on the hills and meadow, to lead the viewer gently towards the heavenly display.

I love the lighthearted and feminine result, reminiscent of Claude Monet's meadow paintings. So much so that I may paint a larger version for my bedroom the next time I decorate.


Cat 13179 Pastel Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.