Wednesday 21 August 2013

SUMMER HEARTS ACEO - SOMEONE ELSE'S DREAMS

FLASH PHOTO TO SHOW BRONZE HIGHLIGHTS
SUMMER HEARTS
ORIGINAL ACEO BY SEA DEAN
2.5" x 3.5"
On Auction

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me. You may also view ALL my available ACEO in my Facebook Gallery here.


SOMEONE ELSE'S DREAMS

"We get so caught up in what we’re doing that we lose track where we’re going. We settle into comfortable routines, instead of confronting the challenges our dreams demand.  Then, eventually, we lift our heads to the realization that the environment we’ve settled into leads to the answers to someone else’s dream."

This is a quote from Marc and Angel Hack Life 7 Questions You Are Too Scared to Ask Blog. Click here for the full version.

This phrase really hit home to me. It's so easy to get swept into someone else's dream or vision for how you "should" be. Not just people around you, but the media, world leaders, stars you admire, etc. But who are you and what are your very own dreams? It's worth some consideration!

As a girl I was encourage to "find a good husband", support his dreams and all would be well. I was brought up in the 50's when that thought pattern was still highly pervasive. The sexual revolution, contraception, emancipation, all had their effect and change continues to this day, but there are pockets, where old thinking still affects young women, even in our so called progressive western world

My heart goes out to all our youth, because you are the leaders of tomorrow. Don't be complacent, try to figure out your dreams early, because the decisions you make in your youth will affect your entire life. You have been given the power of choice, use it wisely.



Talking about hearts, I just received photos of two of my ACEO framed and hanging in my patron's home. Don't they look fantabulous! There is nothing like seeing your work appreciated and given pride of place. Thank you Shirley for thinking of me. 


And here is a reminder of the original images.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.