Wednesday 25 September 2013

DAY 26 - 30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS - GREAT BLUE ACEO - THE POWER OF THOUGHT

IMAGE OF PAINTING IN MORNING LIGHT
GREAT BLUE
ORIGINAL ACEO BY SEA DEAN
3.5" x 2.5"
On auction at Daily Paintworks starting at just $11

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me. You may also view my available ACEO in my Facebook Gallery here.

Painting of a Great Blue Heron fishing for food.

IMAGE WITH FLASH TO SHOW PALE GOLD SHIMMER

THE POWER OF THOUGHT

I think we have a lesson to  learn from herons: They stand absolutely still for hours as they wait for fish to swim within reach. How long is it since you stayed in one place for a few hours with your mind focused on one thing? 

I do achieve single-mindedness for short periods when I'm painting, but pretty soon thoughts from the outside world start to seep in. When negative thoughts distract me, the painting suffers, but thoughts of love and lightheartedness translate into beauty in paint. Many Artists listen to beautiful music when they work and it helps them to stay in the creative zone.

What do you listen to as you paint?

IMAGE OF PAINTING IN HALOGEN LIGHT

This ACEO has a "now you see it now you don't" sun in the background. Apart from that I left the painting uncluttered to highlight the bird's intensity of thought.












 

Cat 13237 Great Blue ACEO
Posted on 30 in 30 as number 25
Inspiration Photo - Paint My Photo Rodney Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.