Friday 27 September 2013

DAY 28 - 30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS - GOLDEN COSMOS ACEO



GOLDEN COSMOS
ORIGINAL ACEO BY SEA DEAN
3.5" x 2.5"
On auction at Daily Paintworks starting at just $11

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me. You may also view my available ACEO in my Facebook Gallery here.

The sun came out today and it made me want to paint something bright. The background was darker but I lightened the value with some violet to give it charisma. I'm getting clearer and clearer that the most important thing in a painting is value. Here the dark value is on the edge and in the center of this circular composition to keep the eye focused on the subject. The subject is simple and could be boring, but I've livened it up with bold brush strokes.

I used my two favourite paint colours, Matisse Indigo and Matisse Australian Sky Blue, both made in Austraia. I love the thick consistency and intense pigment in these paints. Some of their colours are too strong and need to be handled carefully, but my two favourites are perfect.

Cat 13229 Golden Cosmos ACEO
Posted on 30 in 30 as number 33
Inspired by Suzanne Wallick Paint My Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.