Saturday 22 February 2014

VAN GOGH MOON

VAN GOGH MOON
PAINTING BY SEA DEAN AFTER VINCENT VAN GOGH
4" x 4" Mini Master on Canvas Panel
Homage to Famous Artists on their birthday

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me.

Wow! Doesn't it look cheesy?


VAN GOGH MOON

I've always been a great proponent of painting the masters. We were encouraged to do this when I was at Art School and since then I have designed my signature class, "Paint a Masterpiece" which teaches acrylic painting by copying a master work in one day. I have received all kinds of criticism for this, so I was pleasantly surprised the other day to read this

"The respect and admiration which Van Gogh had felt for Millet never deserted him. Just as his early works were influenced by that painter of French country life, so at the end of his life he still turned to him for inspiration. This and other paintings of a similar nature were based on prints of Millet's 10 engravings, Travaux des champs (Work of the fields). 'I can assure you that making copies interests me enormously' Van Gogh wrote and he saw work of this sort as not only good for him as an artist but as a means of alleviating the pressure of his mental illness." Bernard Denvir

I am following in Van Gogh's footsteps by painting the moon which appears in "Starry Night"-

Cat # 14041

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.