Sunday 9 March 2014

IN THE PINK - New Work by Sea Dean - 14" x 20"

- IN THE PINK by Sea Dean in Morning Daylight -

- IN THE PINK by Sea Dean in Warm White Light -
IN THE PINK
PROFESSIONAL ACRYLIC ORIGINAL 
PAINTING BY SEA DEAN
14" x 20" on canvas card

To view my Gallery or purchase this painting please visit Daily Paintworks. Larger originals or prints may be available by contacting me.

I had a lot of fun painting this. I was working with a limited palette of Titanium White, Matisse Australian Sky Blue, Phthalo Blue, Alizarin Crimson and a touch Cadmium Red Light. 

As you see, paintings change depending on what light you shine on them. I always recommend a piano light or two over larger paintings so you are in control; they are easily obtainable from places like IKEA. My palette here is largely fresh cool colours, but the light touch of cadmium red light has added a warm dimension which is picked up in warm light, so it's a bit of a mystery painting. I'm particularly proud of the shine on the water and the impasto outline of the distant peaks.

It's so nice to paint in a larger size. It doesn't take much longer than a miniature, but the canvas does soak up a lot of paint and medium, not to mention prep and varnish.

One of my favourite paintings this year.


Cat # 14050 In the Pink

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila. I enjoyed letting loose on a big canvas. It would be interesting to paint the same scene with a different palette. Must try that.

      Delete

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.