Wednesday 28 May 2014

COPPER WATER - Artist Turns up a Monet


COPPER WATER
Original Painting by Sea Dean
Mixed Media
6” x 8” Gallery Wrap Canvas
Professional Acrylic with UV Protection
Signed on edge which is painted with copper metallic to match
(The lower images have turned bright on blogger but the upper image is accurate)

Purchase via Daily Paintworks

I have a wonderful new tool in my studio: It is called THE ARTIST'S MUSE and it consists of an art instruction book and three sets of cards. I haven't got to the instruction book yet, but this painting was inspired by the cards. You pick up to three cards (blind) and follow the instructions. I picked one from each deck. Here is what I picked.

DOORS OF AWARENESS CARD - Do an abstract painting of a subject making it realistic enough so a viewer could still identify the subject, yet keeping it ambiguous.

WINDOWS OF OPPORTUNITY CARD - Make your painting a combination of transparent, translucent and opaque passages. A transparent pigment allows you to see completely through it. A translucent pigment has an opaque added to it, and of course opaque means you can't see through it at all.

CIRCLES OF GROWTH CARD - Choose your favourite colour and make a painting out of it. Use different values and hues of the same colour. Also incorporate the colour you like the least, or one you haven't tried before.

I found THE ARTIST'S MUSE on Amazon here

I also tried some new Acrylic Ink on this painting and I'm happy with the result. Now I want more!

First, I started painting upright as in a portrait, then I turned it and continued painting the opposite way up to the image above. Finally, when finished, I was looking a different angles to decide where to sign and how to display the piece and when I turned it upside down I saw the Monet cathedral like structure emerge. Amazing! I admit I was thinking about water while painting and Monet loved reflections, so it's not surprising this came through while I worked.

The painting has a substantial amount of copper which makes the lime yellow and magenta pop. I wish you could see it in real life. As the light changes, so does the painting and it appears to get a life of it's own.



Cat # 140102 Copper Water

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.