Tuesday 10 June 2014

A FACE ONLY A MOTHER COULD LOVE - A DAILY PAINTWORKS PICK

A FACE ONLY A MOTHER COULD LOVE
Original Painting by Sea Dean
5" x 7" Canvas Panel

To view my Gallery please visit Daily Paintworks

This was a challenge by Carole Marine on Daily Paintworks. When I first saw the photo, I was quite intimidated because I had never painted a fish before and I wasn't sure I could capture his beauty. However, when Carole posted her version I was inspired. I thought it would be interesting to use a similar palette to Carole to see if I could capture the same energy that her painting has. I used Titanium White, Cadmium Red Medium, Cadmium Yellow Light, Cerulean Blue and some Phthalo Blue ink for the darks. 

It took quite a long time to paint because I had trouble getting dark enough and light enough values, but after I added straight T White and Phthalo it was better. I like my fish. He's so ugly he's beautiful don't you think?


Cat # 14118 A Face only a Mother could love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.