Sunday 8 June 2014

RED DOLL - EXHIBITION - A DAILY PAINTWORKS PICK OF THE DAY - YAY!

RED DOLL
Original Painting by Sea Dean
24" x 12" x 1.5" Deep Gallery Wrap Canvas

To view my Gallery please visit Daily Paintworks

I'm busy creating quite a few larger paintings in advance of some exhibitions coming up in the fall. I like this so much that I'm not sure it will make it off my wall.  

This design has been running through my mind for several years, then today I saw a doll in the Metropolitan Museum collection and was inspired to put brush to canvas. Apparently in 1947 there was a fund raising effort in the USA to help the French recover after the second world war and they were so grateful that they donated a collection of fashion dolls in return. The one that inspired me was from my favourite fashion era in 1906 and it was designed by Elsa Schiaparelli.


I'm not sure how this image looks on your screen but it seems a bit dull on mine. The original painting has cadmium yellow and red, so it's certainly not dull in real life. 

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it.


Cat # 14115 Red Doll 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.