Wednesday 3 September 2014

ACCEPTANCE - WALKING IN PARIS - A STEP FORWARD LCAG THEME EXHIBTION


WALKING IN PARIS 16" X 20"


WALKING IN PARIS
by Sea Dean
16" x 20" x 1.5" Deep Wrap Canvas

(if you love it contact me now, I have a feeling this one is going to fly)

To view my online Gallery of originals please visit Daily Paintworks
Limited Edition ACEO, Art Cards, Postcards here
More from my fellow intrepid and brave artists attempting the 30 paintings in 30 days here


This painting has already had an eventful life before the paint was dry. Let me explain. I was working on another painting for submission to the Art Walk Theme Exhibition in Lake Country Art Gallery, but I just wasn't happy with the way it was coming together. Just before midnight, the day before final submission I ditched the first painting and started on another and WALKING IN PARIS was born.

The painting was due at the Gallery at 4pm and I was just finishing up the edges at 3pm when the fire alarm went off. I quickly grabbed the wet painting and my door keys and headed down the stairs. This was the first fire alarm in my new place and I haven't got my emergency routine sorted yet. I forgot my laptop, which is the most precious thing I own. About half way down the stairs I realized that I should have taken my car keys and driven straight to the Gallery, regardless of my condo being up in flames!

Luckily the alarm stopped soon after getting to the garden and the painting and I headed back upstairs to grab my car keys. Now it was 3:30pm, the painting wasn't catalogued, signed, photographed or even dry and I swear we hit every red light between my studio to the gallery. Friday afternoon plus holiday traffic was thick and I suffered some anxious moments before skidding into the gallery, wet painting in hand at 3:57pm.

In spite of all the drama, I think this painting has a lovely aura about it. Somewhat reminiscent of Edward Hopper don't you think? I have such a passion for figurative work and every time I finish one of these paintings I wonder why I don't do more. This is going to be a hard one to part with.

A well turned out mademoiselle and her little dog sharing a walk in the afternoon sun is a common sight in Paris. Wish I was there now strolling the Luxembourg Gardens. Now that would be A STEP FORWARD.


Cat #14136 Walking in Paris - Posted as # 2 on the Challenge Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.