Tuesday 2 September 2014

WILDFLOWER MOUNTAIN - DAY THREE - 30 Paintings in 30 Days


WILDFLOWER MOUNTAIN by Sea Dean - Mixed Media on Canvas Card

WILDFLOWER MOUNTAIN

by Sea Dean
6" x 6" Acid and Lignin free Canvas Card

To view my online Gallery of originals please visit Daily Paintworks
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
More from my fellow intrepid and brave artists attempting the 30 paintings in 30 days here



KISS
My goal for this 30 paintings in 30 days challenge is to KISS my paintings

KEEP
IT 
SIMPLE
SEA

Yesterday I found some pre-cut canvas card pads in a great 6" x 6" size for daily painting. There was a pad of Black, White and Grey and a several pads with different colour combinations, brights, pastels, tropical etc.  Of course I intended to buy just one pad as a test and made a beeline for the tonal value sheets, but pastel was calling my name and when I opened it this beautiful turquoise presented itself to me (used as under painting here). 

I couldn't wait to take the pad for a spin and I'm so glad I did. The card  is better suited to dry media, but with care and limited water, it can be used for acrylics. It is acid and lignin free. The paper took the paint well and dried beautifully. Best of all, I prefer a multi layer, pastel like technique, but this doesn't photograph well for my internet gallery. Using this coloured card as a substrate worked well and didn't seem to create that greying effect in the camera image. Now I see myself heading back for Tropical, Fruit and Nature pads.


Cat 14137 Wildflower Mountain - Posted as #2  in todays 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.