Monday 22 June 2015

LITTLE NAUTI

LITTLE NAUTI
by Sea Dean
12" x 6" on Wrap Canvas

View my online Gallery of originals here DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

When I finished this painting the name didn't come to me immediately. My ACEO of this image is called "Little Red Boat" so I couldn't call it that. Neither could I call it "Big Red Boat", because although the painting is much larger, the boat is only a day tripper.

I headed for Google. I decided to look for boat names ... bad mistake! I love boats, and while running my eye over some beautiful ships I've noticed the odd cliched name, but that was nothing compared to what I saw today. Boats are generally assumed to be female, and from the over abundance of sexual innuendo I assume that most boats are purchased and named by the Y chromosome community. I saw "She got the House" and wondered what a female captain would name her ship? "He got the lawn"?

I like the name "Little Nauti" but it doesn't describe this painting well. Can you come up with something better? Leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.