Sunday 21 June 2015

SHOW ME THE MONET





I have a guilty secret. Well not so guilty because I learn a lot, but I am addicted to a show called SHOW ME THE MONET from the UK. In my neck of the woods it can be seen on OUT TV which may be offensive to some, but I fast forward through the raunchy ads.


Show me the Monet is based on an exhibition at the prestigious Mall Galleries in London, UK. Thousands of artists, professional and otherwise have gone through a selection process and now during the show is their last opportunity to have their work hung in the exhibition. First they have to be vetted by the HANGING COMMITTEE (aptly named)

I watch the show because I'm a professional artist and no doubt, if I was in the UK I wouldn't be able to resist giving it a go. It gives an artist the opportunity to see how a selection committee works. It also shows just how subjective their opinions are and how influenced by their "stuff" no matter how well versed they are in the art world. Not the least is an opportunity to hear about recommended pricing in the UK. Way WAY above the circles I move in.

The show was produced in 2011 and 2013 by the BBC in the UK, but none of their links work. If you want to watch the show and it's not available on TV in your area, you could try a search on Google for some clips. Here is one I found

https://youtu.be/nW-IXtnQk2U

As far as I can tell there were only two series produced with 25 shows in total. If you know of any more please let me know. Also I would like to know what you think in comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.