Saturday 27 June 2015

SIMPLE LARGE EASEL IDEA - Another painting on the move

Here is another painting moving to Artfinder. It is having a wonderful response so far.


PARADISE BEACH
by Sea Dean
6" x 12" Canvas Wrap

VIew my online Gallery of large works and Limited Editions at ARTFINDER
View my online Gallery of small works at DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO and printed products here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here


SIMPLE LARGE EASEL IDEA

Because we artists are usually tight for space, we are always looking for ways to simplify our studio. Today as I was reading about the work of Karen Hale on ARTSY SHARK FEED (see the article here), I was struck by her simple and practical easel. I'm working on room in my studio to paint larger pieces and this is a great way to save space because there are no tripod legs in the way. It looks to me as if it is a basic flat leg easel, but not using the back leg and leaning it against slats of wood at practical heights.

I also love wall easels, but they are quite expensive and if you live in rented accommodation, or don't want holes in your wall, they are not the best idea. My usual technique with large paintings is to push the dining room table up against the wall, cover wall and table in thin plastic table cloths attached with push pins and lean the painting against the wall. I especially chose a narrow dining room table with adjustable legs so that it wasn't too far to reach across or too high. It's not a practical solution for long periods of time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.