Friday 17 July 2015

OCEAN PAINTING - Walking the dog


SPACE
By Sea Dean

5" x 7" Canvas Panel

Back to the ocean. This was painted for a Daily Paintworks challenge to choose a word and illustrate it. I chose space, and I think this makes a good rendition of the feeling of space you get when walking a tidal beach. One of the beaches we used to visit when I was a child was like this, when the tide was out you had to walk what seemed like miles to my little legs to get to the water. Beaches like this are great places to walk, which is exactly what the tiny figure is doing. 

I tried to photograph the image to show some of the irridescent paint which highlights places around the canvas. This catches the room lights and represents the bright sunlight hitting tidal pools, just like it does on one of those glorious summer walks.

I haven't had an auction on Daily Paintworks for a while, so this one is on auction for one week. You can bid by following the link to my Daily Paintworks gallery below. It starts at only $10

VIew my online Gallery of large works and Limited Editions at ARTFINDER
View my online Gallery of small works at DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO and printed products here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.