Tuesday 29 December 2015

ALL TIME MOST POPULAR BLOGS - SEA DEAN - LIBERATE YOUR ART

ALL TIME 5th MOST POPULAR BLOG
Originally published by Sea Dean 16th April 2015
Some links may no longer be active



The postcards which I used for the swap are above and can be purchased here

GAIA ENERGY by Sea Dean
GAIA ENERGY
by Sea Dean
8" x 10" Canvas Panel

View my online Gallery of originals here DAILY PAINTWORKS
Shop for Limited Edition ACEO here
Art Cards $5 and Art Postcards $3 here

The painting above is the only original of the five postcards I sent which is still available. It can be purchased here for only $90


LIBERATE YOUR ART

I was introduced to LIBERATE YOUR ART by Sheila Delgado, an internet friend and fabulous artist whose work can be seen here. I've enjoyed the sway for many reasons. I love seeing work from fellow artists, particularly those from different countries or ones that I would not usually come into contact with.

Over the next couple of weeks I will be introducing my blog readers to the artists whose postcards I received in the swap, so follow my blog to see their work and learn about their journey. In preparing the blogs I have matched some of my work to theirs and enjoyed that process because it has inspired me in new directions. Thank you Kat.

I have already heard from one artist who received my card in Singapore, and one in the USA. I've received one from Sheila Delgado and Carlyn Clark in California, Rebecca Hill in Evanston, Illinois, Eric Bruth in Paris, France and Marjorie Thompson in Washington, USA. There are two more somewhere in the mail.

HOW IT WORKS

Once a year, postcards of your work, address labels and postage are mailed to Kat Sloma in the USA. On an appointed day she, and an army of volunteers attach postage and address labels to the postcards and they are mailed out to fellow artists. The participating artists live all over the world and you never know what postcards you will receive or where they will be from, so the trip to the mailbox over the next few weeks is very exciting.

The reason Kat does this is to encourage artists to create postcards of their work and many eyes see them as they make their way around the world to their destination. I was lucky that I have already printed postcards of select paintings, so although I heard about it quite late, I managed to get some to Kat in time.

The LIBERATE YOUR ART POSTCARD SWAP is every year, so you too can participate. Get on her mailing list now, so you will receive early reminders. Below is a link to her blog and on into the blog hop.
During the hop, go from blog to blog to see who was in the swap and all of the wonderful art that was liberated. Be sure to leave comments and say hi, to increase the connections!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.