Thursday 10 December 2015

ANNUAL MEMBERS EXHIBITION - KELOWNA ART GALLERY

KELOWNA ART GALLERY ANNUAL MEMBERS EXHIBITION

Kelowna Art Gallery,
1315 Water St, Kelowna, BC V1Y 9R3
(250)762-2226

Exhibition Dates:- December 12th - February 27th

Opening reception and holiday celebration
Friday, December 11, 2015, from 6:00 to 9:00pm

BEYOND THE STARS by Sea Dean 48" x 24" Deep Wrap Canvas

I'm not sure which way the curator will choose to display this painting at the exhibition, so it will be a surprise for me as well as my regular followers. BEYOND THE STARS was painted vertically, but then a regular patron pointed out that she would also look great horizontal as if she was swimming. Which do you like best?

This inspirational sprite is by far my favourite painting this year. It is the first time I've shown in a high profile show at the beautiful Kelowna Art Gallery and I will be excited to attend the opening to see what other amazing works have been selected. The show has a fairly long run till the end of February, and the gallery is in a great location in the Arts District, so it will be good exposure for my work.

Come along tonight to mix and mingle with all the big names in the Okanagan art world.

This opening marks the first time my work has been exhibited in all the major galleries in the Okanagan at the same time. I visualize my paintings like lights arranged along the shore of our beautiful 80 mile long lake from tip to tip. I wish I could attend all the openings or at least see all the shows. If you do, could you take a short video and/or a few stills for me so I can see my paintings in situ.

Vernon Art Gallery Annual Members Exhibition - Exposed
Lake Country Art Gallery U100 - 300
Kelowna Art Gallery Annual Members Exhibtion
Penticton Art Gallery U500




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.