Wednesday 27 January 2016

30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS - # 28 - RUBY HUMMINGBIRD ACEO


RUBY HUMMINGBIRD ACEO

2.5" x 3.5" Pastel on Daler-Rowney Pre-cut ACEO Card


 

Continuing my pastel discovery week, I decided to try some of the coloured pastel card in the pack. This is on a neutral grey colour which is not surprisingly my least favourite of the collection. The hummingbird was mostly grey and I used artistic license to heighten the colours in his feathers. I covered up most of the grey card because I felt the bright colours looked better against a dark background. 

I spent a long time on the humming bird and flower and it took some doing to get the colour balance right and the beady look in his eye, just so. I'm quite pleased with the result though, and I do have requests for humming birds, so I think he will fly away in a flash.


SHIPPING 16th MARCH 2016 OR LATER - SOME PAINTINGS AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE DISPATCH FROM MY OUTLETS AS NOTED IN DESCRIPTION ON DAILY PAINTWORKS 

Stay tuned for more new paintings in the final week of the challenge.

If you are an artist and would like to join in, here is the link - 30 in 30
Posted as # 33 on 30 in 30 Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.