Thursday 28 January 2016

30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS - # 29 - WHITE DAISY ACEO

WHITE DAISY ACEO

2.5" x 3.5" Pastel on Daler-Rowney Pre-cut ACEO Card




Continuing my pastel discovery week, I decided to try some of the coloured pastel card in the pack. For this daisy I chose the pretty blue again. It was awkward because the plain white and grey I chose was a bit too generic for my taste. I didn't have a nice creamy yellow in either pastel set, so I enhanced with yellows and oranges in the center, a Manet like dark green in the shadows and some violet in the sky. 

Although this was painted in the landscape format, I think it looks good if not better upright. This is probably the one I struggled most with and the one I like best now it's done (can't say I had much love for it while it was in process).

SHIPPING 16th MARCH 2016 OR LATER - SOME PAINTINGS AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE DISPATCH FROM MY OUTLETS AS NOTED IN DESCRIPTION ON DAILY PAINTWORKS  

Stay tuned for more new paintings in the final week of the challenge.

If you are an artist and would like to join in, here is the link - 30 in 30
Posted as # 38 on 30 in 30 Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views and connect on a personal level so feel free to say hi.

All work by Sea Dean protected by International Copyright - No printing, copying, electronic transfer or any form of duplication allowed without written permission from the Artist.